Having your furnace break down in the middle of the winter is something no one wants to deal with. Most often, breakdowns are avoidable with simple maintenance. The best time to have your furnace checked is in the fall before it’s needed. You can make sure your furnace is ready for winter by calling a heating repair company in Salt Lake City. If you haven’t already had your furnace checked, there is still time. However, it is smart to have your furnace tune-up done as quickly as possible.
HAVE YOUR FURNACE INSPECTED BY A HEATING REPAIR COMPANY
Having your furnace inspected every year will keep it in working order. Heating systems that are not properly maintained are more likely to be damaged, inefficient, or break down. Most often your heating system warranty will require that you have your furnace examined, tuned-up every year.
Trained HVAC experts will run total diagnostics to ensure your safety from flammable gas leaks and carbon monoxide gas poisoning. With frequent maintenance, your furnace will be more reliable, more energy-efficient and you can feel more secure when you have your furnace tuned-up before winter.
PREPARATION FOR YOUR HEATING REPAIR SERVICE
- Replace your dirty air filter. Of course, our technicians are happy to do this as part of a yearly tune-up plan. We highly recommend you keep your air filter clean by replacing them every 30-60 days.
- Gather all documents you have about your furnace or central air unit. This can include model numbers, receipts, warranties, and user manuals. These documents will help the technician quickly know what kind of replacement coverage you have.
- Document the units’ problems and history. The more information you can provide the HVAC technician upon arrival the faster they can assess and troubleshoot the problem. Make sure you know how long you have had the unit, a history of any problems, details of maintenance, and as much information as possible about the issues you have been having.
- Make sure your home is ready to have visitors. This means ensuring that an adult over 18 years old is present and has the authorization to speak with the technician on your behalf. If they are home but you would like to speak with the technician it is advisable that you make sure you can be easily reached via phone calls. We highly recommended keeping pets away from where the technician will be working. This helps keep your pet and the technician safe during the service call.
- Turn off the compromised units. If your heat pump or air conditioner is frozen over make sure that you shut off the unit before the service call. This ensures the unit will be completely thawed and ready to work on before the tech arrives.
TIME TO CALL A HEATING REPAIR COMPANY
We highly recommend calling a heating repair company every year to have your heating system checked. We can find small issues before they become large and more expensive problems. If you see anything out of the ordinary, your furnace is not keeping your house warm or it’s making unusual noises, it’s a great time to call Utah HVAC Experts at 801-930-0629 to speak with one of our heating professionals today.