From snow-covered driveways, icy sidewalks to freezing pipes, these are just a few issues homeowners face during our Utah winters. A problem with your heating system is one problem you do not want to have on a cold winter’s night. With the cold weather already here, it’s time to make sure your heating system can handle the rest of the winter. Otherwise, you could face furnace problems due to a lack of routine maintenance. Rely on Furnace Repair Salt Lake to help you get through this winter.
Lack of Heating System Maintenance Issues
Unless your furnace stops working, your heating system maintenance is probably one of the last things on your mind. When was the last time you had a furnace repair or maintenance done? Do you remember when you last replaced your filter? If you can’t answer these questions, you are not alone. However, due to the lack of care and maintenance, you could be stuck with heating problems this winter. Protect your family this winter and prevent these issues with a little maintenance:
- Dirty Air Filters
- Thermostat Not Working Properly
- Uneven airflow
- Frozen Pipes
- Leaking Carbon Monoxide
- A Pilot Light that is Faulty
- Uneven temperature and airflow
- Heat Pump Malfunctioning
So, one last question, is your furnace ready for winter? If you are not sure how to answer or if your answer is a definite no, you’ll want to contact a Salt Lake City HVAC company right away.
Schedule a Furnace Tune-Up Today
To ensure there aren’t any potential problems and everything is working in good order, it’s a good idea to schedule a furnace tune-up. It’s always better to be proactive so you can prevent any heating emergencies. With Utah HVAC Experts, one of our HVAC specialists will come to your home and do a 21-point safety inspection; we will check your thermostat, furnace, filter, air ducts, and much more.
You can also expect to have your burners, pilot assembly, flame sensor, and ignitor resistance checked. If your air filter is dirty, we will also change it out. Even though the EPA recommends changing your air filter every three months, we recommend changing them every month due to the dirt and pollution in Utah. A dirty filter can block airflow to your furnace which causes your furnace to overheat. Subsequently, this will cause the heater to work harder and you’ll notice an increase in your energy bill.
Winter Preparation You Can Do to Help Save On Heating Costs
In addition to having an HVAC company come out and do heating system maintenance or furnace repair, here are a few more things you can do to make sure your heating system is ready for a snowstorm.
- Check Your Home’s Insulation: Do the touch test-the interior ceilings, walls, and floors in your home should feel warm and dry. This method usually only works when there is a significant difference between interior and exterior temperatures. A more definitive approach would be to call a licensed contractor to check if your insulation is adequate.
- Make Sure Your Attic Is Properly Insulated: If the insulation is below or even with the attic floor joists, you probably need to add more insulation.
- Feel for Drafts Around Windows And Doors: Use weather stripping to seal any air leaks.
- Make Sure Your Vents Are Clear: It’s crucial to keep vents free of clothing and other items to keep the air moving. This helps vents keep the desired temperature and it also prevents overheating.
- Consider Buying A Generator: With a large possibility of losing power during a winter storm, you may want to consider investing in a generator to make sure you’re never without heat.
- Inspect Your Thermostat: It’s important to do a quick check on your thermostat- make sure the battery is not low and it’s reading the temperature correctly. It’s also a good idea to invest in a programmable thermostat. It can control your home’s HVAC system even when you’re away & will help lower your heating costs.
Call Utah HVAC Experts for Furnace Repair Salt Lake
Even though it doesn’t quite feel like winter in Utah yet, now is the time to contact our Utah HVAC Experts in Salt Lake City to help you prepare for the cold weather ahead. Schedule a heating system inspection to make sure your furnace is ready for whatever cold weather comes your way. Whether you need furnace repair or maintenance, give the Salt Lake City Furnace Repair experts a call today at (801) 930-0629!